10 Merger and Acquisition
Companies seek trusted counsel upon whom they can rely not only in a crisis or during a difficult transition, but on an everyday basis and in future planning
From publicly traded corporations to family-owned businesses, companies of all sizes seek commercial stability and growth in an increasingly demanding environment. Increased regulation and competition, and the globalization of doing business, create additional challenges and complications in the day-to-day operations of a business. New corporate governance regulations have brought about significant change in how business is conducted, and technology continues to accelerate the pace of transactions and the need for information.
Our attorneys possess the broad, in-depth experience necessary to serve a diverse client base, ranging from start-up ventures to middle market companies to large multinational corporations.
- • Assessment, planning and negotiations, and execution of corporate mergers and acquisitions
- • Recommendations for M&A matters as well as legal procedures and contracts
- • Planning and procedure for equity exchange
- • Review and implementation of corporate M&A and asset transfer agreements
- • Legal matters relating to amendments to the incorporation of companies and corporate operations
- • Planning and legal procedures for the establishment of overseas holding companies
Referrals continue between Shay & Partners and multiple Globalaw member firms
Enabling Taiwanese Expansion
A global manufacturer and distributor of computer products based in Taiwan relies regularly on Globalaw’s Taiwan member, Shay & Partners, for legal assistance. When the company decided to dissolve one of its European affiliates and form a new company in Germany, it needed legal assistance in Europe. Shay & Partners referred the company to Globalaw’s Netherlands member, which handled the dissolution, and Globalaw’s German member, which handled the incorporation.
JV formation for pursuit of an FBO license
Advise foreign creditor on liquidation of TransAsia Airways
Head of Group