The National Communications Commission (NCC) has initiated a public consultation on 5G spectrum planning and auction preparation. Industry stakeholders and interested parties are invited to give comments in written form by 29 June 2018. NCC Chair Nicole Chan stated that the commission will be submitting its final analysis of the public consultation to the Executive Yuan in July 2018. The premier will then issue a further decision on 5G spectrum.
- • developing 5G standards and products available in the market;
- • timing the spectrum re-farming and factors worth considering in the licence auction;
- • allocating bandwidth for licences in the 3.4 GHz to 3.6GHz, 3.6GHz to 3.8GHz and 3.8GHz to 4.2GHz bands;
- • preventing interference through guard bands between satellite and mobile broadband communications; and
- • the availability of 6GHz bands (and beyond).
In addition to numerous spectrum test preparations, the NCC has assigned more than 13 million E.164 telecoms numbers (with the 040 prefix) to enable a telecoms enterprises to provide Internet of Things services (for further details please see “NCC considers spectrum and numbers for Internet of Things”).
The materials contained on this website are for general information purposes only and are subject to the disclaimer.